Whether you enjoy sipping a mai tai poolside or dancing the night away, Honolulu’s nightlife scene is vibrant and varied, offering something for everyone. We dove deep into the night scene to find the best place for live music and cocktails.
Location, location, location! We love the Music Lounge because not only does it have great limited-time specials with drinks priced as low as $5 but it is also located right in the heart of Waikiki at the Royal Hawaiian Center, making it easily accessible for visitors and locals alike. With live piano and jazz from 8:30 PM to 12:30 AM guests relax to the beat of the music or even get up and dance. The lounge is next to the largest show in Waikiki, Rock-A-Hula. For those who really want to enjoy themselves, we recommend arriving a couple hours earlier to check out the Original Waikiki Luau Buffet & Show. Tickets include indulging in a gourmet buffet dinner and then kicking back in the 750-seat Royal Hawaiian Theater to enjoy powerful performances by our artists, hula, fire knife dancers and musicians.
The Music Lounge drink selection stacks tall, being able to order on or off the menu. You’ll also find some classic island signature drinks such as the Lava Flow Cocktail made nightly. The strawberry blended base, infused with a coconut mixture, gives the fun and cool visual effect of lava flowing and is perfect for luau parties. Enjoy a handcrafted Lava Flow Cocktail at the Music Lounge or try making one yourself with this simple recipe.
Lava Flow Cocktail
- 1.5 oz. vodka
- 2 oz. strawberries
- 2 oz. coconut puree
- 2 oz. pineapple juice
- 1 cup ice
- Pineapple wedge (garnish)
- Orchid (garnish)
- Blend the vodka and strawberries in a blender until smooth.
- Pour the blended mixture into a cocktail glass and rinse the blender.
- Blend the coconut puree and pineapple juice with ice until smooth.
- Slowly pour the mixture into the same glass as the red vodka mix. Watch the strawberry mixture rise to the top, creating a flowing lava effect.
- Garnish with a pineapple wedge and an orchid.